Tuesday 14 July 2015

Live your life, do your work, then take your hat

Since dealing with my allergy, the hat has been a necessary but troublesome accessory. First you need to choose the right style, with a large enough brim as well as making sure there aren't any holes (look for hats with a UPF, I've only just learnt this recently). Then, I have to worry about it ruining my just-done hair or ruining my foundation on my forehead. However, my number one pet peeve is that it flies off my head (it always seems to happen on a crowded street with dozens of people watching me chase it!). I soon realised that I needed to start testing the fit of a hat physically in a shop, rather than feed my online shopping addiction. It helps if the hat is not too large, which all the generic sizes seem to be. I even bought some sticky back foam to stick inside my hats to keep them on but it just seems to make them really uncomfortable. There is only one hat that I own that actually fits neatly on my head, I wear it everywhere, but it doesn't stop the flying off my head dilemma. 
Now it's summer, I'd like to be able to be more active and the only thing I could think of is to get a hat with a chin strap. If like me you are conjuring up images of hats on people in the outback or cowboys and cowgirls, then you'll understand why I've been hesitating to buy one. I've been searching online vigorously and I think I may have found the one. It's by Coolibar who do UV protective clothing, which I didn't even know existed. I usually wear sunscreen on my arms under my long tops so I bought this summer jacket (http://www.coolibar.com/product/Sale/Women/Beach-Cover-Ups/Summer-Jacket/pc/2266/c/2301/sc/2403/156349.uts) and also a chin-strap hat (http://www.coolibar.com/product/Sale/Hats-Accessories/Sedona-Hat/pc/2266/c/0/sc/2387/155428.uts). The hat is UPF 50+ which I've only just learnt that you should be aware of in order to get maximum protection. They give you 10% off for registering but at the minute it's buy 2 items and receive 20% off. It has made up for the international delivery charges because its a US site so I'm hoping the products will do the job. It's is really difficult to find fashionable UV wear on the net!

No comments:

Post a Comment